Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

On Wednesday, I left at 3:30 A.M. to drive to Caliente for Thanksgiving. I took I-5 south through Las Vegas then back up in order to avoid the storms on Donner's Pass. I arrived at 3:30 that afternoon. By 4:00 my nephew, Hafen called to ask if I could go on a bike ride with him. I went over to their house and Hafen, Hudson and I went for a bike ride. I had a great time (I hope they had as a good of a time that I had!). Later that day and on Thursday we had most the rest of the family arrive. Everyone except Brenda and Andrew were able to be there. They had planned on being there, but storms and closed roads prevented it. Brenda, Andrew, Keagan, Deker and Bauer we all missed you. Thursday morning several went out to the gun range to go skeet shooting. I didn't go out in the beginning, but went out later and joined in on some of the fun. That afternoon we had dinner. We had 38 people there and STILL had left-overs!!! That afternoon we relaxed and quite a few of us of joined in on some mattress surfing down my parents stairs. I had never done it, but apparently some of younger siblings did when they were younger. Some left Thursday evening, most of Friday then the rest of us left Saturday morning. I left at 9:30. Due to traffic in many areas, I didn't get home until 11:00. A good weekend at home with family was well worth the over 1400 miles I drove there and back. Thank you mom and dad for hosting us and going to so much work to provide a great dinner and a great weekend!



In the bunker releasing the skeet.





Getting hugs from my nephew, Sawyer!



Before Dinner.



After Dinner.



Mattress surfing down my parent's stairs.








No comments: