Friday, June 5, 2009

Smith Family Reunion

For the last week I had the opportunity to spend time with my family. Here is a quick review of what happened. On Thursday, I drove to to my Parents home in Caliente. On Friday morning, I went on a bike ride with my nephew, Hafen. On Friday night we attended my "little" brother, Neal's graduation - the same high school I graduated from 15 years ago (see previous post). On Saturday I drove to Cedar City to spend the day with my sister, Marie and her kids (sorry, no pictures from that day - forgot to pull the camera out!). Sunday we drove to Heber City, UT where, thanks the generosity of my parents, we stayed a seven bedroom rental home. There we met up with the rest of the family (all 25 of us, with 2 on the way). That evening we took a walk along a path near the home. Monday we went to Park City, UT and rode down the Alpine Slide. On Monday evening, after the kids went to bed, we sent the guys away and the ladies had a baby shower for my sister, Jeanette who is expecting twins. Tuesday morning some of us went on a river rafting trip (others went in the afternoon). Also on Tuesday evening, my parents fixed a wonderful meal of dutch oven chicken and potatoes, which has become a bit of a family tradition when we all get together. Wednesday morning we took most the kids to a near-by park then in the afternoon we went a train ride called the Heber Creeper. A few people had to leave Wednesday night and on Thursday, the rest of us finished packing up and everyone departed. We had a wonderful time together and enjoyed each others company. I want to send a BIG thank you to my parents for renting the home for us. Without them, most of us would not have been able to enjoy the extra activities we all did throughout the week.







A beautiful view from the house we stayed in.










No comments: