Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Interesting Weekend

We had a guy who died up here and the family wanted him buried in Southern California (San Bernardino). They wanted me to drop him off at the church between 1:00 and 6:00 P.M. on Sunday and then pick him back up at 11:30 A.M. on Monday. They had an all night viewing, but I didn’t need to stay for that. On Saturday, I set my alarm for 5:15 and planned to get up get ready, go to the mortuary and load then head down. Well, my alarm went off at 5:15, I got ready and left for the mortuary. About half way to the mortuary, I looked at the clock in my car and it showed that it was not even 5:00 yet. I looked at my cell phone and it said the same thing! It took a couple minutes then I realized that my alarm clock is a “smart” clock. It changes itself for the time change, but it is programmed under the old time change schedule. So a couple weeks ago, I had to manually change my clock when the time changed and then Sunday morning, it changed itself. So in actuality, I ended up getting up at 4:15!!! At that point, there was no sense in going back home, so I just got ready and left as planned and just got down to the church an hour earlier than I would have otherwise!
After I dropped the person off at the church, I had the entire afternoon to spare, so I went to a movie. About 20 minutes before the movie started, the theatre started to roll and shake. It lasted for about 10 to 15 seconds. I thought it was a little strange, so I just walked to the doorway and looked into the foyer, but no one seemed to be bothered by it, so I just went and sat back down and watched the movie. I never felt anything else, so I started to wonder if maybe it was just something in the building, like a bunch of people leaving at the same time or something. After I got back to the motel and logged onto the internet, I saw that there had been an earthquake around the California/Mexico border and that it was NOT my imagination and that I actually felt and earthquake!!! It was actually kind of fun and pretty cool!!!

2 comments:

Andra said...

I don't mind feeling a tremor but it always makes me nervous that something bigger is about to come. I'm glad you got to enjoy it. Bummer about the time change.

Veronica Haley said...

when we had the earthquake, i felt it because i was in math and we were in the middle of a test.