Saturday, September 13, 2008

Clinton

My third area was Clinton. I Arrived on June 19, 1997. My first companion here was Sister McCarthey, who had just arrived from the MTC. We were the first missionaries the Clinton Ward had in quite a while. Here, we had a lot of area to cover, which meant traveling several miles to each nearby town. We often asked members of the Ward to help us with transportation. On September 24, 1997 I got a new companion, Sister Rawson.
I was transferred on November 12, 1997.

Our car and apartment (the apartment is bottom right).

Sandy Mercado (a member who drove us to many places) and Sister McCarthey.

The Howard family. They fed us many meals and helped with transportation.

Me, Sister McCarthey "my daughter", and Sister Stahl "my mom". Because this was a new area, Sister Stahl and her companion were asked to spend a day and help us get new contacts. We used this opportunity to get a photo of me with my "trainer "and "trainee".



This church was just down the street from our building. They would often put up a message and these were the two that I got pictures of.

Other signs we got a good laugh out of:




The fall season:



No comments: